Could I get my license taken if I got a simple battery charge? 3 Answers as of July 27, 2011

I have not gone to court yet for my 'Simple Battery' charge. I am 16 and live in the state of SC, but the court case will take place in Georgia because the charge was given in Georgia. My car or license had no part in what happen. I have a job and go to school, could the judge take my license?

No one can predict what a judge will do, but that outcome would not be automatically required, and it appears you have good justifications for your attorney to present to the judge. We recommend you retain a criminal lawyer ASAP! Good luck!
No, your license probably will not be taken, unless the vehicle was somehow involved, but you may be going to jail. That may not be a concern as long as you keep your license.
Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
Georgia law does not require the suspension of a driver's license for a simple battery charge. I guess if the judge somehow felt it was appropriate, he could order you not to drive as a condition of probation, but I would be very surprised if something like that happened.