Could I get into trouble for not going to court when I have received no summons? 5 Answers as of June 18, 2015

My landlord called and said I have to be in court with him in one week and that I was already served papers.

No, you cannot get into trouble, but IF the judge believes that you received notice and you are not present, the landlord will get a default judgment, and the next thing you will see is the sheriff removing your property from the residence.
Law Office of Ranj Mohip, LLC
Law Office of Ranj Mohip, LLC | Ranj Mohip
If there's no service, you don't have to do anything. But courts allow substitute service (such as posting a notice on your door or printing a notice in the newspaper) if normal service has been difficult. Call the court clerk and inquire. Attending a hearing without being served my waive the service requirement.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
If you did not receive a summons, you should still go to Court just in case. You will want to challenge service of process and ask the Court to dismiss the case. You should also consult and perhaps hire an attorney to assist you with this to make sure that service was not made some other way possibly that is valid.
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
IF it is a civil matter. The court could enter a default judgment against you. Check on the court website, but you must be served properly.
Just because you have not been physically served do not assume service has not been performed by other means, such as posting and mailing or publication. Not showing up could lead to a default.