Could I get in trouble with copyright if I draw up a blue print and build the house that I see on the internet? 5 Answers as of October 17, 2012

They let you print a copy of the house. It is a blue copy. It’s called a black copy. So if I draw up a blue print and build.

Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
Possibly. It depends upon any disclaimer and or any changes you are making. A basic house starts with three or four walls, a floor and a ceiling. Depending upon the building code in your area you may be required to make changes for insulation, windows, snow loads etc. If you make an "exact" copy they may have a case. In order to claim copyright protection they need to mark the black copy with three things: 1) a date, 2) the person or company that wants the copyright protection and 3) the (c) symbol. Here is a typical copyright symbol: "(C) Buhler & Associates 2012" Without those identifiers they would have less cause to prosecute. You should probably use the black line as a guide and just make some changes to satisfy your personal preferences.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Yes unless the print you saw was knowingly distributed as free by the copyright holder or of the print was old enough to have an expired copyright. Just because you see it on the internet does not mean you can take it.
Eminent IP, P.C.
Eminent IP, P.C. | Paul C. Oestreich
If you are copying an original work that has not been dedicated to the public or exceeded the term of its copyright, you may then be infringing the copyrights of the owner of architectural drawings. You may also be liable under copyright law for any architectural structure (a derivative work) constructed from your copied drawings. The color of the drawings has no bearing on copyrights. Depending on whether to owner of the drawings has registered his/her copyrights in the drawings, you might also be liable for attorney's fees in an infringement action.
Malhotra Law Firm, PLLC
Malhotra Law Firm, PLLC | Deepak Malhotra
Your question isn't completely clear to me, but I suggest that you look up Architectural Copyright and review Circular 41 available from the Copyright Office.
Ochoa and Associates
Ochoa and Associates | Susan Ochoa Spiering
It is possible you would be in trouble. There is protection for architectural drawings, specifications, and the actual building itself may be protected by copyright. However, only the original aspects that may be protected. If they allow you to print, consider if they ask you for a payment to get a copy of the materials? If so, and you try to get around this by drawing it your self, you may be infringing a copyrighted material. If you pay for a copy, you are effectively getting a license to use the works shown on the internet, unless there is a disclaimer on the site otherwise.