Could I get fired while on leave? 3 Answers as of August 24, 2015

I am a server in a restaurant. I broke my ankle and called them the next day to tell them I couldn't work for 6 to 8 weeks. It is kind of impossible to serve tables on crutches. I called them 4 times to keep them updated. I called yesterday to tell them I am getting a walking cast and I can then continue working. This time they told me I am terminated because I didn't bring in the doctor papers the 1st week. I talked to 2 managers and explained that I am on crutches and I can't drive. Can the fire me for that?

WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
Yes, in GA, they can discharge you for this. For more info, Google this: Georgia, employment at will. You should be eligible for unemployment comp, but you will need an attorney to win. If you are not in GA, resubmit your question, and identify your state.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
Yes. MS is an employment at will State, which means that you can be terminated for any reason that is not discriminatory.
Generally, if you could quit them, they can quit you unless you were injured on the job.