Could I get a car title for a car that was filed under bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I filed bankruptcy over 7 years ago and they have not come to get the car. Is there anyway I can get a title for it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
This is a common problem. You have to reopen the bankruptcy case and file a motion to redeem it. You may need a lawyer for that.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/27/2015
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
You would have to file a motion to get the judge to allow or call the lender and ask them to sign it over to you.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/26/2015
A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
Check with DMV for the process to have a new title issued for an abandoned vehicle.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/26/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
You must be certain that the car is not claimed by the Bankruptcy Trustee. Get his or her name and contact the person. If the car was 'abandoned' from the BR estate, then it belongs to the debtor. I assume that is you, and the title you had before the BR should be as valid after the T'ee is done with it, as it was before filing the BR petition.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/26/2015
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
File a lawsuit to get title.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/26/2015
Click to View More Answers: