Could I get a car title for a car that was filed under bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I filed bankruptcy over 7 years ago and they have not come to get the car. Is there anyway I can get a title for it?

This is a common problem. You have to reopen the bankruptcy case and file a motion to redeem it. You may need a lawyer for that.
You would have to file a motion to get the judge to allow or call the lender and ask them to sign it over to you.
Check with DMV for the process to have a new title issued for an abandoned vehicle.
You must be certain that the car is not claimed by the Bankruptcy Trustee. Get his or her name and contact the person. If the car was 'abandoned' from the BR estate, then it belongs to the debtor. I assume that is you, and the title you had before the BR should be as valid after the T'ee is done with it, as it was before filing the BR petition.
File a lawsuit to get title.