Could I get assistance from my husband if we are separated? 3 Answers as of September 04, 2015

I’ve been married for a little over two years to a Marine. We have been separated since June of 2014. He has not paid spousal support since then. I would like to see if there is a way to file the divorce paperwork and have the fees paid for by him. I know he is living in our home with another woman who has a small child. I'm not interested in him anymore, I just simply want to put this behind me and move forward. If you could be of any assistance I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
Spousal support is based upon the income and expenses of the parties and the length of the marriage, among other factors. You have not provided enough facts here. You should consult with a family law attorney to analyze the situation and advise you accordingly.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/4/2015
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
Who pays attorney fees would depend in incomes. It is a very short marriage. You could check and see if there is a legal aid in your area.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 9/1/2015
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
If you go down to the Court and file for ?indigence?, the Court may waive all fees. Check it out with Court?s Clerk. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/1/2015
Click to View More Answers: