Could I collect child support if I am living with the father? 2 Answers as of September 09, 2015

Can I collect child support if I am still living with the father and we are still dating?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Your dating or not with the other parent, is not relevant. But sharing lodgings is usually a basis for denying or deferring child support. If you really like the guy and you are living with him, and if he is contributing to the household expenses, why bother about support?
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 9/9/2015
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
That would be a no.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 9/8/2015
Click to View More Answers: