Could a felony charge be expunged from your record? 8 Answers as of September 09, 2015

Can a felony charge be expunged from your record? If so, how can this be done? It's been 11 years and a felony conviction still remains on my record and has hindered me from gainful employment. How or can this be corrected?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
A conviction cannot be expunged.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/9/2015
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
You can file a motion to have the conviction made nonpublic if you qualify.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/8/2015
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The short answer is that it depends on the felony. I suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/8/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Only a few types of felony convictions are eligible for expungement in Missouri, and only after 20 years of good behavior. You might want to consult a local attorney to ask if your particular felony conviction would be eligible, but you will still have to wait another 9 years.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 9/8/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Yes. CR-180 allows reduction and dismissal of you didn't serve prison. If you went to prison you have to file for a certificate of rehabilitation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/8/2015
    Law Offices of Phil Hache
    Law Offices of Phil Hache | Phil Hache
    It is possible.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 9/8/2015
    Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel
    Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel | Gregory M. Abel
    Certain felony convictions can be expunged. They must be a C felony and not a convection for a crime involving a motor vehicle or a sex crime.
    Answer Applies to: Oregon
    Replied: 9/8/2015
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    Go online to get the forms and instructions on what is needed to expunge your record. If you feel it is to complicated, there are law firms who do this for a fee. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 9/8/2015
Click to View More Answers: