What is my chance of winning in a small claim court against the car repair shop who made a fault during the replacement of my drive belt? 2 Answers as of February 23, 2012

I plan to claim for damage ($1000+) against a car repair shop, and would like to know what's the chance to win in small claim court. Also would like to know other ways to claim for damage. The shop replaced the engine drive belt upon my request, but I noticed the engine room started making abnormal noises from the next day. I went to a car manufacturer's dealer (different from the repair shop above). The dealer diagnosed the A/C compressor had an internal failure and replaced the compressor (it costed $1000+). The dealer confirmed in writing that the compressor was in working order 5 days before the drive belt replacement, and had failure 9 days after the replacement. Considering the fact that (1) drive belts are functionally closely related to A/C compressor and (2) A/C compressor usually has very long lifetime, I would say it is almost sure the repair shop made a fault during the replacement of drive belt.

From your facts, the repair shop did what you told it to.
Koning & Jilek, P.C.
Koning & Jilek, P.C. | Jonathan Neal Jilek
It is not possible to predict chances of winning in court with any accuracy.