Charged with DUI for changing a tire? Posted on July 12, 2011

About 2 weeks ago I was out drinking with friends, and the guy who drove me home ran over something so I got a flat. As soon as the sun rose, around 6am, I was outside changing my tire in front of my house. Some officers showed up and started asking me questions. I admitted that yes, I was drinking the night before, but I wasn't driving; currently I was just trying to change my tire. They called in supervisors, and after a number of questions I ended up taking a breathalyzer, and registered over the legal limit, so they arrested me - despite the fact that I wasn't driving! Is this a legitimate offense?