Can your money be seized by robbery? 5 Answers as of August 08, 2013

In the event that your wallet was snatched by a person which contained 1300 dollars when suspect took twenty dollars for marijuana that came out of your pocket but saw your wallet on the console of the vehicle you were in. Snatched wallet and took the twenty dollars with no marijuana exchange complete robbery can you money be forfeited to the state it was complete robbery.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Normally not. But it is involved in a drug transaction so maybe yes.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/8/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Write back, and write the question in real English. The question sounds stupid because you are not telling the story. You were selling marijuana. If the person stole your wallet during the drug transaction, the police can seize your money in forfeiture.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/8/2013
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg | Eric Sterkenburg
On the facts stated, your money would be seized because it is evidence of drug dealing. You will be charged with possession for sale sometime soon.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/8/2013
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
You're question is very difficult to read and understand. It sounds like someone stole your wallet to buy $20 worth or marijuana, got caught, and now all of the money is being kept. If that is what is going on, they are holding the money as evidence and may seek forfeiture. You can hire an attorney to file a motion for return of property. If there are forfeiture proceedings, you can file as a real party in interest to have the money returned. You'll need a lawyer for that too.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/8/2013
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
Your money is evidence in a crime, robbery. Once the evidence is no longer needed, it will be released to you.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/8/2013
Click to View More Answers: