Can you walk away from an estate that is in probate? 1 Answers as of February 08, 2016

My dad's estate is in probate and I was wondering if I can just give over the keys and let the attorney and courts take over the estate?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
If you have been appointed personal representative, then the attorney represents you and you should ask this question of the attorney. If you have* not *been appointed personal representative, you should turn over the keys to any estate property to the personal representative or his or her attorney. Either way, somebody is appointed personal representative (or administrator, if there was no will) and that person has duties to heirs or devises and creditors (including taxing agencies).
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 2/8/2016
Click to View More Answers: