Can you take medicines or anything with you when you turn yourself in to federal prison? 5 Answers as of July 25, 2013

I will be taking my friend tomorrow and he's concerned about his medications.

Law Offices of Jeffery L. Fanto
Law Offices of Jeffery L. Fanto | Jeffery L. Fanto
Call the prison for its policies. Each one does things a bit differently. Any prescriptions you take must be in the prescription bottle is was filled with clearly showing the name of the individual, the drug, the dosage and the Doctor prescribing. Loose pills will not be accepted.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Generally, no. He can call the Feds and ask.
They will take the medications in but will not let him have them until they are checked out by their medical staff. The medical staff should get a copy of the person's medical history. Get one and take it with him.
Patrick S. Fragel
Patrick S. Fragel | Patrick S. Fragel
The prison Nurse will administer the medicine once she verifies the prescription with each Doctor. So provide the Doctor's contact info at check-in. It may take a few days to verify. Refills are tough to arrange, so bring a month's supply.
Mark A. Manning, PC. | Mark A. Manning
If they are prescription and he has the prescription he should be fine.