Can you sue if you are verbally threatened by a supervisor? 5 Answers as of August 27, 2013

My supervisor threatened me and basically screamed at me for 45 minutes. I did eventually feel scared for my well-being and quit. Do I have any recourse?

LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN | ARMAN MOHEBAN
You may have a stress claim under worker's compensation for the verbal abuse.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
Contact an attorney to discuss your overall matter.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
Probably not, since you did not suffer any recoverable damages.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You cannot automatically sue merely because your supervisor yelled at you. Indeed, employers are permitted to discipline employees for poor or substandard performance, and they are entitled to threaten employees with suspension or termination. I would need a lot more information before I could tell you that you should consider bringing legal proceedings. If you want to pursue this matter, you will need to retain employment counsel to review your case and advise you based on understanding all the relevant facts and details.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
Yes, you may sue, but you are not likely to win much - if anything, unless there was a physical touching. The law is not always the best remedy. I would have suggested that you work with your human resources department, but that is not an option, since you quit. Since you did not do this, you likely will not be eligible for unemployment compensation.