Can you put a 25lb 9 month old in a front facing car seat? 6 Answers as of July 11, 2014

I just bought a new car seat for my daughter. It can front face and rear face. I really would prefer her front face because it is easier to care for her facing forward, ex: handing her food/bottle. The car seat says as long as she is min: 20lbs and 24in tall she can, but there is no age.

I think ever state has its own rules on that. I believe, but am not positive, that California does impose a minimum age requirement. It is actually safer for your baby to face backwards.
EDWARD M. MILLER, PC
EDWARD M. MILLER, PC | EDWARD M. MILLER
Age is irrelevant. Follow the federal regulations.
I think size and weight not age is the key. Why don't you Google NC law and read the statute to make sure you feel comfortable about what you want to do.
Absolutely NOT. The air bag deploys at about 200 miles per hour and it will kill her. Your preference doesn't mean anything; her life means everything. Put the kid in a safe position, or you are NOT a fit parent.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
This is NOT a legal question. Refer it to the manufacturer.
    Hupy and Abraham, S.C.
    Hupy and Abraham, S.C. | Amanda Pirt Meyer
    Please contact your local Department of Transportation for more information regarding child passenger safety laws. If you're located in Wisconsin, you should not put your child in a front-facing car seat given the age and weight you provided for your child. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has produced a brochure that illustrates the laws that apply here: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/vehicle/child/docs/cps-law-card.pdf The laws in your state may differ, so I urge you to investigate the laws in your area.