Can you legally calculate child support on your own somehow in California? 7 Answers as of November 22, 2010

Hello, I need help calculating my child support. Is there a way that I can factor everything in and do it on my own someway or do I need the help of a family lawyer? Thank you.

Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
The courts use a program called a dissomaster. You can either contact an attorney to assist you or many of the courthouses have computers which will allow you to access the program.
Law Office of Teresa Beyers
Law Office of Teresa Beyers | Teresa Ann Beyers
Most attorneys and the courts use a software that computes support taking any various factors such as the timeshare and each of the parties as well as their earnings. My suggestion is that you consult an attorney to ensure the accuracy of the support.
Law Office of Geoffrey A. Norris
Law Office of Geoffrey A. Norris | Geoffrey A. Norris
Unfortunately calculating child support in California is too complex to explain, especially as each individual case is different. Given certain hypothetical situations, attorneys can usually calculate a range of outcomes, but nothing is certain until the order is made. Your best bet is to contact a family law attorney in your area for a consultation, and see what information is put into the calculation of child support to better understand the process.
If you know how to properly enter all the data in the child support calculator, you can go online to this link:

http://www.childsup.ca.gov/Resources/CalculateChildSupport/tabid/114/Default
.aspx
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
There is a calculator on the Dept of Child Support Services website.
    Goldberg Jones
    Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
    https://www.cse.ca.gov/ChildSupport/cse/guidelineCalculator