Can you help your boyfriend get a green card without being married? 1 Answers as of March 22, 2011

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and we plan to get married but I want to meet his parents first and in order to do so I have to go to Ecuador but if he goes he has to wait for so long b4 he can come back bc his student visa ran out a few years ago and I was wondering if there was any way of me being an American if I could help him get a visa green card anything so when we go we can come back together I called immigration but they told me to go to the support website but I couldn’t find it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Since your fiance has been in the U.S. after his student visa expired he needs to be careful if he leaves the U.S. before getting his Green Card. Assuming he can do so without incurring any penalties, they you could petition him for a fiance visa before you leave and wait for the K-1 visa to be issued once he is back in Ecuador. However, there is no guarantee that it could be approved during the times frames you mention.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: