Can you help with divorce and immigration issues? 1 Answers as of April 22, 2011

My husband is Nigerian. He received his green card in 2000 and left the US back to his country in 2000 as well. Long story short, he returned to the US in 2005 and never returned back to the US until 2010. I found out he is married with another wife and children in Africa and is now back in the US and applying for his 10 yr renewal of the green card. I tried to find out what was going on in 2006 and I traveled to Nigeria where he held me against my will for 9 months. Upon returning to the states with my children, my husband continued to live in Nigeria until 2010 and stayed 3 months and returned back to his family in Nigeria he has threatened me if I divorce he will harm me and is currently back in the us trying to renew his green card. What can I do to put a stop to this? Am I legally married to him or not? He was married to one other woman in the us and divorced her and married me not even a month after they divorced and he has another wife and child in Nigeria and now a current wife girl friend in US he is living with. He owes 61,000 in child support to his ex wife and has not paid any government taxes since 1997 and he owes as well. I have proof of his residency in Nigeria because he is a prince and his father is a king. I have reported this to immigration, I was told he would be detained and he is still able to travel in and out of the country with no problem. I was in Nigeria last year trying to sort this out with him and he refuses to live in the us and told me he is entitled to more than one wife as an African prince. My children have tried to reach him and he refuses to see them or call them. he refuses to pay any support for his kids. I don't care about that as I have been the primary care taker. I just want the green card revoked and him sent back to his country and my divorce legally. I have paper work and pictures and video to prove he is living in Nigeria not the US. Please help. His family won't assist because he is allowed to have other wives.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You need to find a good family law Attorney first and foremost. If he was married to another woman before he married you, then your marriage to him is not at all valid and cannot serve as a basis for a Green Card. If USCIS knows this information and has proof of it, it will rescind the green card and any benefit resulting from it. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: