Can you have someone prosecuted for getting on Facebook without your permission? 6 Answers as of January 13, 2014

The mother of my fiance child signed into his Facebook from her house without his permission. She read private conversations between him and me. She saw things that we had said about her and now she will not allow their child to come to our house. Can I have her prosecuted for her actions?

To have someone prosecuted, them must commit a crime and the police must feel it serious enough for prosecution. ?I think they would consider this a "civil" wrong and not criminal. You can call the local police and see if they will do anything.
Maybe, but if he gave her the password or left it there in the computer, then it is his fault, not hers. Call the prosecutor and see what they say. My guess is it won't go anywhere.
I doubt it.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You should not be on Facebook if you do not want people looking at what you post. You cannot sue or arrest everyone who does something you do not like.
No. What gave you the idea that conversations on Facebook are private?
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    I'm not sure because there is no information about who did what, when and how access was gained or what permissions were given. Your question is very unclear and no good answer can be given.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa