Can you go to jail for welfare fraud of $3,000? 2 Answers as of April 04, 2017

I have an arraignment tomorrow. What should I expect if I received a letter where it says they have filed a criminal complaint against me and it’s a felony? I don’t want to go to jail. I have already started paying back.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Whether or not you receive jail time will depend on a number of factors, including your past criminal history and the jurisdiction/courthouse where your case is being heard. It is impossible to predict what a judge will sentence you to. Your best chance of avoiding jail is to hire an attorney to help you. If you cannot afford to hire private counsel, then ask the court to appoint the Public Defender to represent you. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/4/2017
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
Yes, it is possible. But unlikely.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/4/2017
Click to View More Answers: