Can you give me an estimate of how much I should receive for 15% disability in my thumb? 7 Answers as of December 19, 2013

David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
Not possible. Depends on type of case, your age, injury, lost income and future wage loss, etc, as well as where you live consult an attorney in your area.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
11.4 x 60% of your average weekly wage. You may well be entitled to a % loss of use of your hand if there is nerve damage or loss of grip strength. This could easily double the award.
There is a table that shows how much each percentage of disability is worth [the Workers' Comp. insurance company could send you a copy of the table; the PD is also modified by your age and occupation], but a 15 degree limitation in the use of your thumb is not the same as a 15% permanent disability as to you overall ability to compete in the labor market.
Your state L&I has a table online that you can check for your injury.
Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
In Illinois not without knowing your AWW and PPD rates.
    Under Alabama law, 9.3 weeks of your comp rate or $220, whichever is less.
    Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C.
    Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C. | Pete Leehey
    Under Iowa workers' compensation law, the maximum for the loss of a thumb is 60 weeks of payments. 60 X 15% = nine weeks of compensation at your weekly workers' compensation benefit amount. Under Iowa law, you do have the right to a second opinion on the disability rating if you think it is too low.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa