Can you give me advise on what to do on a failure to appear (2 day sentence) in 2007? 5 Answers as of December 27, 2013

I just became homeless, have no work, and need a warrant search done to stay at the shelter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will be arrested on the warrant for failure to appear. So, you will have a place to sleep jail.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 12/27/2013
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You must surrender on the bench warrant to get it lifted and then handle the case. After that you should get a good education, job skills, people skills, language skills, stay sober, and find a career you love.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/11/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Go to the court and deal with the problem.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 12/11/2013
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
You will eventually have to turn yourself in to get the process started on resolving it. The bench warrant will never go away and you risk being hauled into jail the next time you come into contact with the police, no matter how inconvenient the timing. It will also look better if you turn yourself in and it will make your chances of getting a reasonable bail for the warrant much better as well. Consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area who can help you do this and arrange a time with the court for you to come in and be arranged. Most courts have certain days and times they do walk-In arraignments.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 12/11/2013
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
Best to get a lawyer and turn yourself in. That is really the only way to clear up a warrant.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 12/11/2013
Click to View More Answers: