Can you get your green card revoked? 4 Answers as of November 08, 2010

I have a green card and I was wondering if there was any possibility that it could be revoked for any reason besides not residing in the U.S. for the appropriate amount of time.

The instances in which one could lose their green card for permanent legal residency include the commission of an aggravated felony, or an offense which the Immigration & Nationality Act (INA) calls a "crime involving moral turpitude" (CIMT). There are instances that there could be exemptions to that rule. Also the act of taking up arms against the United States, such as in a terrorist organization, could get you disqualified. If you have any further questions, especially if you want to consider dealing with a green-card-related situation, by all means call or e-mail me to set up an in-person or phone consultation. Best to you.
Yes, if you are convicted of certain crimes that make you deportable/removable, you can get it taken away or if it is discovered that you obtained it through fraudulent means.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
Yes, it can get revoked, and you subsequently deported, for many reasons. Visa fraud, lying on applications, acts of moral turpitude, committing aggravating felonies (most common are: guns, drugs, or violence) or other specific criminal convictions, violating terms of the I-864 (affidavit of support)...and so on. Our government has been cracking down on people with green cards who do not make the USA their permanent home.