Can you expedite an immigration case? 2 Answers as of August 23, 2010

I am trying to get my wife to the United States as soon as possible. Is there any way I could get her case expedited?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The short answer to your question, Can I expedite?, is no. I am assuming that you have already married and that your wife is outside the United States. The short answer is that in about 5 months you can get a K-3 visa at the closest U.S. embassy/consulate, along with a entry authorization for advance parole, in which the moment that your K-3/I-130 petition is granted, along with the authorization for advance parole (travel permit), you can bring your wife into the country, and apply for adjustment of status, with your wife allowed to stay during the pendency of your application for your wife.

If you want to have my participation in this case, and discuss your case further, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone. Best regards to you and your wife.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/23/2010
Click to View More Answers: