Can you collect unemployment if you are terminated for refusing the flu shot just made mandatory by employer? 5 Answers as of September 20, 2013

I work at an "off site" office for a hospital with no contact with patients. I never had a flu shot at 60 yrs old and do not get sick with the flu. I do not want that injected in me. Do I have any rights? I've worked there for many years.

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You should be eligible.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I believe you will be denied unempl comp in GA for refusing to get a flu shot. Such refusal is a refusal to obey an employer's rule, order, or instruction, which is disqualifying in GA.
Yes, the hospital can require that you take the flu shot. If you don't, they can legally fire you, and then there is no unemployment payments.
If you have a religious reason for not getting the flu shot, yes. If you just don't want it, maybe. Talk to HR.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
You need to file as the State will make the decision as to your eligibility for unemployment.