Can you bring lawsuit againist your lawyer for not doing his job? Posted on January 17, 2011

I hired a lawyer over 6 yrs ago in which 1 year later he said child support revaluation was finished. there was no change! Hired another lawyer almost 5 years ago to finish the job he looked into everything and said it would take less than 90 days to finish, I agreed to pay him when job was finished of 33% of back support at that time it was like 10,000 now its like 15,000 lawyer after 5 years still hasn’t finished nor does he return my phone calls...I did receive a letter from him in July of this past year saying everything was done and hear was the agreement.. first of all I did not agree to any of those terms nor as of this day there has been any change in child support. I am at my wits end with this lawyer and I am not sure where to go from here. I think this lawyer should be punished in some way if he is doing me this way how many others is he doing this way to? Need to know what I need to do at this point and what can be done.