Can you be penalized at a job by your employer for not getting people to sign up for credit cards? 2 Answers as of August 16, 2011

I work in retail and my boss sent an email to all the managers saying that we will be written up and eventually terminated because of low credit card application sign ups. We cant help if the customer says NO! Is this fair?

Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Indiana and several other states can terminate employees "AT WILL" as long as the termination is not in violation of a federal or state law or against public policy. You may want to consult with a plaintiff's employment attorney regarding your employer's credit card sign-up policy for managers.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You can be terminated for any reason or no reason, just not an illegal discriminatory reason. Sales productivity or lack thereof is grounds for termination.