Can you be criminally liable for making a Facebook under anothers name? 4 Answers as of November 09, 2010

I was served by a civil restraining order from a married woman who is having an affair with my husband. I made a Facebook account under her name and a sent message to her husband about the affair. I also sent her a threatening message through Facebook.

Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
I am not aware of any law prohibiting your false Facebook account. However, if you have caused a person financial or emotional harm through that Facebook page, you certainly held liable in a civil lawsuit.

Our office is very experienced in handling these matters. For more information or to be represented, please call us.
If you commit a crime, you can be charged. Threatening messages could get you arrested for terrorist threats. If that happens, what can you do? Defend the charges. Go to court, enter a not guilty plea, arrange bail reduction or OR, set up and attend the court hearing[s] and trial date[s]. File evidence suppression or other motions as applicable. Raise all the available defenses with whatever admissible and credible witnesses, evidence and facts are available for legal arguments for motions, plea bargaining, or at trial. Go to trial if it can't be resolved with motions or a plea bargain. There is no magic wand to wave and make it all disappear. If you don't know how to do these things, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a decent plea bargain for you. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to help you use whatever defenses you may have.

The same advice about getting counsel applies to the restraining order and court hearing. Keep in mind that a restraining order has much the same effect on you as a felony conviction, in terms of record for employment, firearm ownership, etc.
Law Office of Marc K. Herbert
Law Office of Marc K. Herbert | Marc K. Herbert
You can be prosecuted for the threat, if the other person is reasonably placed in fear that the threat may be carried out.

Criminal threats can be a felony and a strike under California's Three Strikes Law.

Police officers are reporting these crimes on an increased basis recently, and prosecutors are filing more Internet cases these days.

If you are contacted by any police officers regarding this posting, you should retain an attorney before making any statement about this case.

If you would like to talk about this case, please call my office.
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
Depending on the nature of the threatening message, that can constitute a crime by itself. There is a possible identity theft issue and violations of restraining order. Yes, there can be criminal liability depending on the specific facts.