Can you be charged in Ohio for a crime that took place in Pennsylvania? 1 Answers as of January 05, 2012

I was accused of sexual imposition. I admitted to the accusation. The crime was committed in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania said they do not feel it is worth their time to charge me. An Ohio county where I do not live and the crime did not occur are trying to charge me, can they do that?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Burdon and Merlitti
Burdon and Merlitti | Adam Van Ho
As with most criminal charges, it is very fact specific. If any part of the case stems from Ohio, such as that the victim came from Ohio, then the county in Ohio could potentially charge, either for the sexual offense or a related charge. Because jurisdiction and venue are very fact-specific questions, you should probably talk to an attorney as soon as possible. It may be possible for your attorney and prosecutor to work out a resolution without charges being filed or with reduced charges that do not involve sexual registration requirements under the Adam Walsh Act.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 1/5/2012
Click to View More Answers: