Can witnesses testimony be used if their identity is sealed? 1 Answers as of February 26, 2014

I have reason to believe that an ex is posing as a law enforcement agent to coerce my friends into sharing intimate details about me. All of my friends have suddenly dropped out of my life and the few that are around regard me with suspicion and fright. I believe that he is coercing them into making negative character statements about me to build a case against me because we are involved in an ugly custody battle. The only reason why my good friends might turn against me is if they are misled into believing that someone in law enforcement has me under investigation because I have done something wrong. If this continues and he ends up getting a stack of negative witness statements about me, can he present these statements without identifying who said what and under what circumstance? I think he is trying to hide their identities because if I found out, who said what, I could easily prove he used illegal means to get people to make false statements.

Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
There is nothing in your question that suggests you have a single bit of proof to substantiate that your ex is doing this. There are many non-conspiratory reasons why your friends may be treating you differently. If one of your friends confided in you that you are being investigated by someone claiming to be in law enforcement, then hire an attorney and have them speak to this individual on your behalf. It should be a fairly simple thing for an attorney to verify the identity of a law enforcement officer. If it turns out that there is evidence that your ex is impersonating a police officer or conspiring with someone to do so, then take that evidence to the proper authorities.