Can the wife keep the children away from the father? 5 Answers as of August 20, 2013

Husband and wife are separated.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Not until there is a court order .both parents are equally entitled to access to their children.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/20/2013
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It depends on too many facts to cover here. Get into court and seek custody and placement, and then the court will do what it can to inquire into the best interests of the children. Find a skilled family lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/20/2013
John Russo | John Russo
No, but they do all the time.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 8/20/2013
DeBrincat, Padgett, Kobliska & Zick | Mathew Kobliska
It depends upon the reasons. The mother should not violate an order of the court, except in extreme situations where it can be shown that the child is in imminent danger, and then only when a motion is being filed to restrict or supervise parenting time. Even in the absence of an order regarding parenting time, courts tend to take a dim view of one parent simply cutting off the parenting time of the other parent, without good cause. The mother in this case needs to do some self-examination and determine whether her true motivations are rooted in the best interests of the children. There are plenty of parents who try to unilaterally terminate the other party's parenting time out of feelings of retribution. A good matrimonial law lawyer can help parties make these types of decisions.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/20/2013
Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
Father needs to go to the court and file for a court date to have the Judge make orders for Custody and a Visitation Schedule. The longer he waits to do so, the more it looks like he doesn't really care.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2013
Click to View More Answers: