Can we use an L1-A visa to transfer our worker? 4 Answers as of October 14, 2010

Is it possible for a foreign company to transfer employees to a division in the United States using an L1-A visa?

The short answer is yes, if the L-1A applications requirements are followed. Most specifically, it is that the U.S. affiliate is connected to the foreign corporation, and that the foreign corporation has had relationship with the U.S. division for at least three years. If you want to discuss this matter in greater detail, by all means e-mail me or call.
If a corporate relationship between the US and overseas entity is established and you can show the need for the L-1A employee, then yes, typically this can be done.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Yes it is possible. Both companies must be affiliated or have some kind of partnership relationship and the worker must have worked in the foreign company for at least one year as a manager.