Can we sue for overseas marriage abuse? 1 Answers as of June 02, 2011

My niece was married to the United Emirates President son when she was 16 yo. I knew from the beginning this marriage will never survive. It is like a pleasure marriage which is common in the Middle-East. I just learned yesterday that the little girl was kicked away to 3 months jail in the UAE for drugs charges which is can't be for sure and her husband must had forced here to drugs. She lived in a palace but it is almost like jail even though he has private female driver and security. My brother is airplane engineer with very high position in the Emirates Airlines, he is the a vice president to the planes service department. Look like the whole family was shocked for the daughter situation by all aspects. Her x-husband is prince, PHD holder and he thinks he can own anything he likes. You can find on the google search as" HRH Sheik Doctor Sultan Bin Kalifah Al Nahyan. It is big and long story. My brother will visit me her in Virginia late June and I think they need to find a lawyer to sue the second richest royal family in the world. This is how they live over there between wealth and power and there should be a way to bring them to Justice. My niece now is 18 and she has lost everything, abused and humiliated. Please guide us to our options. We are looking for $3 billion settlement at least. There will be more details when they come to States. They are afraid if they go against the prince in UAE that they be taken away jail or get more abuse.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You can sue anyone for any reason in the US, but how is this a US concern? How does it relate to the US . . . or immigration. I am not being facetious, I just don't have much information on that therefore I cannot really answer your question. I will sue anyone but I need a good basis or standing to do so. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: