Can we sue for medical treatment after several animals and people were harmed by pesticides? Posted on July 11, 2011

I live in a townhome style condo in New Lenox, IL (Will County). On Wednesday June 29th a landscaping company that was hired by my association used a granule pesticide and fertilizer combination on the property. The next morning my dog and a neighbors dog as well as a 16 month old toddler suffered side effects from exposure to the chemicals. The landscaping company only placed two very small signs on the property. These signs were placed in two areas that were not obvious (one of them in landscaping behind a rock). The signs had an area to write in a contact if there were any questions and were left blank. Most of the residents had no idea the lawn had been chemically treated (myself included)until being informed by other neighbors. I did not find out a pesticide to treat grubs was used until my vet asked me to contact the landscaper and ask what chemicals were used. My association refuses to reimburse the parties involved for medical treatment. Can I file a small claims suit? Against the landscaping company or the association?