Can we sue the coroner and the police? 2 Answers as of August 24, 2017

Our daughter passed away from a medication interaction. We told the police that we wanted her organs donated. They also had her license on it.

As disgusting as it may sound, you cannot sue the coroner, the police, or any governmental official or department when they are doing governmental work unless the circumstances fall into a specific exception to the law of Governmental Immunity. The exceptions include: a defect OF a public building, a defect of a sidewalk/cross walk, a defect in the traveled portion of a roadway (motor vehicles only), a civil rights violation, or an intentional act. Your fact scenario does not sound like it falls into one of those exceptions.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
While it is true that they did not follow your wishes, the decision of whether or not to take the organs is a decision based upon a number of factors none of which would Merit a lawsuit. I'm very sorry for your loss and I know that this is a very sad time for you and I wish you the best.