Can we sue an employee and the employer for an assault perpetrated by employees? 1 Answers as of February 16, 2017

My son was followed out of a marijuana shop by two employees and then chased to his car. One employee grabbed him by the coat and beat him in the head with her fist. The other employee was staring through the window of the car at my minor daughter who was sitting in the back seat. My son went into the store to buy medicinal oil to treat recurring headaches. He has a medical history of headaches due to concussions he received in high school during sports. The employees have a great disdain for me and recognized my son. When he went into the shop, they asked if he was my son and he said yes. One employee came out from behind the counter. The other employee came out from a back room. The employees are also boyfriend and girlfriend. The owner was there as well. He heard the questioning by his employees, and cleared the path for his employees to advance on my son. Most was caught on surveillance cameras. The actual beating was not due to the parking lot not having adequate surveillance. My daughter was terrified and was screaming from inside the car. She is 14. There were 2 other witnesses in the car, female. They were all screaming as well but all were afraid to exit the car to offer assistance to my son as the male employee was guarding the car while his girlfriend beat my son.

Yes, you may sue both employees and the owner. If you have do so yet, your daughter needs to file a police. If you have the witnesses contact information, give it to the police. Lastly, you need to retain a personal injury attorney. Do not try to due this on your own.