Can we stay in the USA while waiting for the result of our visa application? 4 Answers as of October 02, 2014

My husband applied for H1 to L1a visa. Our I94 expires on October 3rd. Can we stay until we know the decision? Will staying create a problem for our next entry in the US? Will it be a problem for H4 dependents?

It is all right to wait for the decision on the change of status. Is the husband maintaining H-1B status with the current employer? Was that approval extended? Did the dependents apply for change of status to L-2 at the same time as the H to L change of status?
SwagatUSA, LLC
SwagatUSA, LLC | Dhenu Savla
You can stay while you await the decision but must leave immediately if the decision is a denial.
Do not stay. There will be problems.
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
Your husband might be OK to remain on these facts, but for the dependents, it will depend upon whether they filed an I-539 to extend their status too.