Can we open his youth offender case and see if they can reduce that charge to lesser charge? 2 Answers as of July 19, 2011

My brother is facing a min of 20yrs. He has a felony YO, and did not et in trouble so they say, until 14yrs later with the Ferderal Goverment... Can we open his YO and see if they can reduce that charge to lesser charge so he wont face that min charge. he recieved 5yrs probation on that YO case, but only did 3 yrs on execllent behavior. He is awaiting sentence. 60 days to sentence date

I would need further details to answer properly. However if he already took a plea and received a promised sentence from the judge it will e hard to vacate the plea and start over again. You should hire an attorney.
You cannot "re-open" a YO conviction. It will not effect his sentence on the current charge since it is not a conviction.