Can we make our customer who filed for bankruptcy pay us? 2 Answers as of August 22, 2010

A customer of ours owes us a substantial amount of money and is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Because of his incompetence and financial problems, we went ahead and hired a subcontractor to finish his work. Now this subcontractor wants to sue us for his pay. But we are unable to pay the subcontractor because of the money that we never got back from our customer. What can we do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
You have to file a claim in the chapter 11 case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/22/2010
The Doan Law Firm
The Doan Law Firm | Shawn Doan
In this situation you would need to file a proof if claim with the court and hope your class of creditors will receive a dividend. It is also wise to consult with a creditor attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2010
Click to View More Answers: