Can we get out of Chapter 13 bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of October 27, 2010

I have been in Chapter 13 bankruptcy for over 2 years. I need out. I have seriously fallen behind on payments. We have had medical problems and my husband was hospitalized. He lost his job because he could not work. We do not know what to do.

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
As a debtor in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you have the absolute right to request dismissal of your case. You also have the right to move to convert your case to a Chapter 13. Your next move is simple: talk to a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy Law. If you already have a great bankruptcy attorney, talk to him or her about your situation. If you need bankruptcy counsel, call me.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
Convert your case to chapter 7.
Law Office of Barbara Seeley Curtis
Law Office of Barbara Seeley Curtis | Barbara Curtis
The court willl dismiss the case . You may be able to convert to a Chapter 7. Please call for a free consultation.
Yes, just file a Motion to Dismiss your case. Sometimes the court will require it to be converted to chapter 7 instead, but that's usually only if there are significant reasons to do so.
Yes, you can get out.
    The Ellingson Law Group
    The Ellingson Law Group | Matthew Ellingson
    You can get out of a Chapter 13, but if you have added expenses that are causing problems, you may be able to create a modified plan for the remaining term of your case.