Can we get married in Mexico if we are US citizens? 3 Answers as of September 19, 2010

My wife and I are both US citizens but we want to get married in Mexico where a lot of our family lives. Would that marriage still be legal in the United States?

The short answer to your question is certainly, of course you can marry in Mexico, and it will be recognized in the USA. The details of that is a family law manner, best addressed by a specialist in that area. If you have family or friends who have a directly immigration-related matter, by all means have them e-mail or phone me.
Yes, a marriage entered into in another country will be legal, but you have to find out the requirements for getting married in a different country.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Yes. Marriages done elsewhere as long as it is legal there will be legal in the US.