Can we get married and can I get him his residency if he only has a visitor’s visa or will he have to go to Mexico? 2 Answers as of December 09, 2014

We want to get married but he is here on a visitor's visa. Does it matter that I am 19 he’s 30? I need help. We want to have a good life together.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Age is not an issue for your fiance who is from Mexico. If a person's last entry is with a visa, then, if otherwise eligible, they can apply for the green card and finish it all here in the U.S.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 12/9/2014
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
That should be fine. As long as he entered legally, you can adjust his status. If done correctly, the entire process only takes between 3 and 4 months.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/9/2014
Click to View More Answers: