Can we get a dismissed charge expunged? 1 Answers as of June 07, 2011

A charge of 2nd degree rape was filed and then 3 years later dismissed. Is it possible to sue for damages to both the individual and his family for the issues its caused, as well as get it expunged?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
RTS Law Group
RTS Law Group | Ryan T. Smith
Being able to sue depends on the fine details of the case. As far as an expungement, you can get one if you are eligible under the NC Expungement Statute. If you have no prior convictions you should be fine. Contact an attorney and they could help. Thanks.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 6/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: