Can we get attorney fees/bail from the criminal portion of a criminal/civil case that involved two different lawyers? Posted on February 01, 2011

A man accused me of hitting him and filed a court case against me. The first part of the case (criminal) was thrown out by the court. I had a lawyer representing me for that portion of the case. Now we just completed the civil part of the case with a different lawyer and I won. I am getting the attorney fees and costs back from the second part of the case. However, what happens to the lawyer's fees and bail cost for the criminal portion? Can I ask my lawyer to include the first lawyer's fees/bail cost in the bill? Also, if I want to ask for further restitution such as for emotional distress, can I also add that to the bill? What if I want to ask for restitution from false witnesses, not just the man who filed against me? If not would that have to be filed through a small claims court and much can I file for? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: