Can we fill out the paperwork for citizenship in the US? 4 Answers as of August 17, 2011

I have been married to a US Citizen for 35 years (we met back in the seventies when we studied in an American University). We have always lived in Venezuela. My son and daughter are US citizens and live and work in the US, him for 16 years and her for 3 years. My son is married and has 2 sons of his own. We have been retired for the last 10 years (myself working in part time jobs). We have been in the US many times (myself on a B1 B2 visa), visiting San Juan, PR or later visiting our son, daughter and grandsons. We married in San Juan, PR (USA). We have a condo in the USA. Every time we visit my son, he brings up the subject of asking for my Green Card. As you should have heard, Venezuela is a very insecure country and it is very dangerous to travel and to stay in its capital, Caracas, were the American Embassy is (we live in a city, 250 miles away). For that reason and also because there is no more DCF in our consulate, it is out of discussion any overseas proceedings. Is there any possibility to fill the paperwork in the states?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
If you and your wife planning to come to US and stay, go to the US consulate and they may be able to accept I-130 form because your wife lives there.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/17/2011
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Yes, you can process in the US, if you come with the intent of a tourist. If you enter with preconceived intent to file for your green card, you may be refused entry or ultimately denied based on your fraudulent entry. Therefore, you must handle your process carefully and within the bounds of discretion.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/4/2011, PC, PC | Scott D. Mills
If you are married to a US citizen, they have the right to sponsor you for citizenship. Certain criminal charges or history of illegal entry could create problems however.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 8/4/2011
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
Yes Enter the us with your b-2 and file your i130 and i485 45 days after u enter the USA U will get your residency 5 months later
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: