Can we file motion for default judgment from the debt collector? 5 Answers as of February 18, 2014

Some guy came to our house around 9:30 at night. Rang the doorbell and woke us up, he didn't ask for me just asked my husband (who just woke up) to sign a paper and handed him two packets (District Court Civil Case). When I got home, I started reading the packet and the last page was from Machol and Johannes stating that this is a communication from a debt collector. Yesterday we got a letter from the district court about a motion for extension of time to file motion for default judgment.

Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
You need to speak with an attorney who can evaluate the situation and advise you based on all the facts.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
You hire an attorney immediately to represent you in this matter. If a default judgment is entered against you in this matter, you will have lost your case without ever having a chance to defend yourself or present your side of the case.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Get a lawyer or paralegal as it's complicated.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
have you answered the complaint? Do you even have a defense? The attorneys are probably filing a motion for default against you.. contact an attorney immediately
Fluhr & Moore, LLC | Steven S. Fluhr
You have failed to respond to the complaint so you are in default.? If you do not get an attorney soon, you will be garnished or your cars or home taken from you.