Can we file a lawsuite against an apartment complex if their gate is not working that caused harm to my daughter? 6 Answers as of November 06, 2013

On October 31, my 16yr old just got home from her job, enter into the apartment where the gate again wasn't working, she was robbed at gunpoint. Still traumatized at this time. What action do I have with the Apartment.

Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced personal injury attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Very difficult question.. the main thing would be would it have happened if the gate was working? There must be causation and an intervening criminal action was not reasonably foreseeable there is no recovery.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
If the landlord had notice of the unsafe condition, then yes.
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
You would have to show they were negligent and had a duty to protect your daughter.
Perhaps, but not probable. Her primary cause of action is against the robber.
    Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
    Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
    While it is unfortunate that your daughter was robbed, the apartment probably has no liability. The robber has liability, and should be made to make restitution, but the apartments are not liable.