Can we bring our adopted child from Mexico to the United States? Posted on May 21, 2011

My husband and I have adopted a child in Mexico. We are aware that we need to wait two years to meet the two-year legal custody requirement before we can permanently bring her to the US. The child lives with us for almost two years, but we did not receive. My husband and myself are US citizens and are wondering if we could just visit the US for a few weeks for vacation. If this is not possible, are we allowed to travel to Europe for a vacation? We feel so "stuck" if we cannot even travel and get a break.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: