Can we avoid taxes if my dad is buying me a house with my money? Posted on August 05, 2010

My dad is buying a house for me with my money. How can we do this without the money being taxed as income for him? I know I can give him and my mom $13,000 each, but I need to give them $45,000. I don't want to pay taxes on the remaining money since it really isn't "income" for him.

Can we use a partnership agreement? How does this work? Can I just pay the down payment directly, or does it have to come from him? Once we've bought the house, I'll just pay the mortgage directly, and eventually we can transfer the title. Thank you so much for any help you can offer with this!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: