Can we apply for chapter 13 bankruptcy? 5 Answers as of October 27, 2010

I work for a ministry that is a non-profit corporation and who have been using two of my credit cards throughout the years. Since the donations went down by half they can no longer handle the two credit cards they have been using that I guaranteed with my social security number. I want to discharge these debts as I Am not in a position to handle them since my livlihood is dependent upon the ministry. Thank you for your attention to this inquiry. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
To see if you qualify for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and to see if that is the best solution for you, you need to talk to a bankruptcy attorney. He or she should consider your entire situation, including all of your assets, debts, income and expenses. I recommend that you speak with a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy Law who offers free consultations. The best person that I know for this job is me.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
The credit card debts that you personally guaranteed are dischargeable. I'm not sure you would be required to file under chapter 13 or chapter 7. Consult with an attorney to determine the best course of action.
I believe you should be able to discharge them in a chapter 7 or 13. Not having more facts about you and your situation I cannot give you more advice.
Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
You should talk to a bankruptcy attorney. Chapter 13 is NOT the chapter for you.
Whether or not you are eligible for a particular chapter of bankruptcy can only be determined after a comprehensive consultation with a bankruptcy attorney. You need to consult with a bankruptcy attorney in your area.